Capital Group associates with Grameen Foundation staff in the Philippines during a 2016 volunteer trip.
To raise awareness of Grameen Foundation’s work to empower the poor and to contribute our skills and funds to help create a world without poverty.
Since 2012, Capital Group for Grameen Foundation (CG4GF) has engaged Capital Group associates across the globe to support Grameen Foundation’s innovative work in the fight against poverty and hunger.
How can you get involved with CG4GF?
- Join our e-mail list for updates on volunteer opportunities, events, and quarterly activities in your local office.
- Help us reach our fundraising goal for 2017 to further Grameen Foundation’s mission.
WHAT WE DO
We host quarterly activities to provide CG associates with opportunities to learn about Grameen Foundation’s work and to join us in helping to improve the livelihoods of women and men in poor communities.
- Educational events. We have hosted multiple educational sessions featuring Grameen Foundation staff who explained the organization’s innovative and sustainable approach to fighting global poverty. We have also co-hosted a joint panel with CG Associates who support Kiva.
- Skills-based volunteering. CG Associates from our global offices have volunteered on projects through Grameen Foundation’s Bankers Without Borders® program.
- Field visits. Associates have traveled to the Philippines, Uganda, India, and China to see Grameen Foundation’s work on the ground.
- Webinars from the field. In honor of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, we hosted a live video chat during which CG associates met a Colombian coffee farmer benefitting from our support.
- Gala sponsorship. CG associates from across the U.S. attended the 2015Grameen Foundation gala in Washington DC, thanks to CG’s sponsorship of a table at the event.
- Celebration dinner. This annual dinner, hosted by Darcy and Richard Kopcho, celebrates our partnership with Grameen Foundation and the volunteer projects we have completed throughout the year. The event has featured presentations by Grameen Foundation staff, CG4GF members, and a TAP Associate who completed a rotation with Grameen Foundation.
For more information about ways you can get involved and upcoming events, please contact CG4GF at grameen_foundation_committee [at] capgroup.com (grameen_foundation_committee [at] capgroup.com)
Grameen Foundation contact: Margo Jacobs at 202-750-4657 or mjacobs [at] grameenfoundation.org