This job is FLA Exempt.
Job Summary: Grameen Foundation enables the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty, and technology is at the heart of our work. IT is central to our success. This mission isn’t easy. We are looking for someone special--a skilled, resourceful, and creative IT specialist who wants to drive our success fighting poverty by supporting out IT infrastructure, and our users around the globe.
As Specialist, IT Operations you will be responsible for day to day IT support tasks as well as projects relating to our IT systems, inluding our Salesforce.com CRM. You will build trusted relationships with our internal customers as you support their work, and create and manage feature/process enhancements. And you’ll be a part of a team working on some of the most important work there is.
Reporting: The Specialist, IT Operations will report to the Director of IT.
Availability: As Specialist, IT Operations you will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours, and may at times be asked to work additional hours to complete projects. The position might require travel and after-hours availability for international phone calls.
Essential Job Functions
The Specialist, IT Operations will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Work with Director of IT to administer Grameen Foundation’s main Salesforce.com instance.
- Maintain the integrity of the system through data cleansing, integration building and maintenance, re-architecture when necessary, backups, scripting, and add-on tools.
- Evaluate new tools as they become available on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Work with Salesforce.com support to coordinate additional tasks.
- Serve as a knowledge resource for Salesforce.com capabilities and best practices and working closely with business partners to realize the full capabilities of Salesforce.com CRM
- Work with a geographically distributed, multi-cultural and world-wide team.
- Train other system administrators, program managers, consultants and other staff in Salesforce administration and configuration best practices
- Provide slaesforce.com Help Desk support for the Grameen Foundation USA sites and remote users
- Administer core business systems, including, Google Apps for Nonprofit, Box.com, Smartsheet, Zendesk, Avaya Voicemail server, and Active Directory.
- Manage and administer helpdesk ticketing system, ensuring that users receive efficient and timely support.
- Maintain open communication with helpdesk agents to assist, advise, and inform of relevant information, trends and solutions. Keep abreast of configuration updates and improvements, making helpdesk system changes as needed. Use tact and professionalism in resolving issues.
- Coordinate with IT Staff, including consultants, volunteers and field office IT Liaisons to provide customer support to employees and a revolving force of volunteers, in the DC headquarters, international field offices in Asia, Africa, and the Americas as well teleworkers.
- Maintain and manage relationships with vendors of IT services, products, and consultant groups, in regards to terms of service, contracts and pricing.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for when a system refresh is warranted versus when to release outdated and out of warranty equipment to maintain user productivity and minimize downtime.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Database Application Administration experience or education (preferably in Salesforce.com)
- IT systems and help desk experienceAbility to learn and understand CRM implementation and strategic business needs
- Aptitude for managing multiple projects and strong business process knowledge
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Experience with nonprofit applications and experience working with nonprofit organizations that useSalesforce.com for donor management and other applications is highly desired
- Ability to code force.com applications is a plus
- Working knowledge of SaaS applications user access control and security management;
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, business, or related fields ;
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in managing and administering information systems – preferably SaaS.
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification is preferred
- International experience is a plus
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by applying HERE.