This job is FLA Exempt.
Job Summary: Grameen Foundation (GF) enables the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty, and technology is at the heart of our work. The Director of IT is primarily responsible for developing and executing a robust IT strategy and roadmap for GF, across 4 continents with a small team. The Director of IT will ensure that GF’s enterprise information and communication systems enable the effective pursuit of our development of innovative solutions to poverty. GF is a creative and resourceful organization--the Director of IT must be a visionary, and also able to execute daily IT-related duties, especially development and maintenance of Salesforce.com CRM, our central information system.
The mission of GF isn’t easy. We are looking for someone special--an experienced, resourceful, and creative IT professional who wants to drive our success fighting poverty by developing our IT infrastructure to the level of excellence we require.
Reporting: The Director of IT will report to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Availability: As Director of IT you will be expected to work a standard work week of 40 hours, and may at times be asked to work additional hours to complete projects. The position might require travel and after-hours availability for international phone calls.
Essential Job Functions
The Director of IT will have the following specific responsibilities:
- Owns and drives the strategic planning of information and communication technology systems for Grameen, evaluating emerging needs across the organization, and planning, coordinating and executing IT resources to support those needs
- Responsible for executing GFs information and communications technology strategy
- Aligns IT operations with the needs of a decentralized, global organization including, but not limited to establishing 24/7 global support, effective communications, reliable and accessible system platforms and infrastructure, and the use of field-based support resources to leverage local cost structures and service levels
- Develops a vision for integrating our core business systems, and building apps for key business process
- Develops a plan for how our investment in Salesforce.com can be leveraged across the entire organization
- Manages all of GF’s information technology assets, ensuring all applications and tools directly support the current and future business needs of Grameen
- Develops and manages the IT budget and performance measurement activities to ensure business objectives are achieved and internal service level agreements are met in a cost effective manner
- Supervises Grameen’s technology infrastructure across U.S. and international offices, evaluates and manages system performance, security, back-up procedures, disaster recovery plans and ensures alignment with Grameen-wide risk management practices
- Owns in-house vs. outsourced service decisions and manages strategic service provider partnerships and vendor relationships
- Supervises the staff of the IT department, to create a responsive, solution-oriented culture; provides mentorship through the establishment of professional goals; and promotes accountability among the team through consistent performance evaluation
- Will require an estimated 10% of domestic and international travel
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
- Demonstrated experience supporting the IT needs of a geographically decentralized international organization
- Proven experience in managing the IT operations of a medium sized organizations (100 – 500 employees), including P&L responsibilities and the implementation of enterprise-wide systems
- Proven track record of managing infrastructure, application support, and help desk operations with significant improvements in service levels year over year
- Experience managing an outsourced or co-sourced operational IT model
- Demonstrated medium/large scale technical project management experience
- Ability to effectively translate business needs into sustainable technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy both individually and as part of a complex team effort
- Ability and desire to set vision but also to implement technology on a daily basis
- Proven ability to build a strong team of technology professionals
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, in positions requiring culturally sensitive communication with a broad and diverse audience
- High level interpersonal skills; ability to build global relationships internally and externally
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in a related field;
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in related IT field .
- Leadership experience in the designing and implementing information management platforms.
- International work experience in emerging markets, desired.
- Experience designing and managing cloud, intranet, and open source application solutions, preferred.
- Experience with project management: building work plans, timelines, documenting plans and developing processes and procedures.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. This position may occasionally require physical effort to lift and transport boxes weighing no more than 50 pounds. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe workplace practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by applying HERE.